The P&A Senate represents roughly 6,500 Academic Professionals and Administrators (P&A) at the University of Minnesota - about 30% of all University employees. We are key partners in University governance, and desire active and ongoing engagement in the search for the next leader of our institution.
As the representatives of the University of Minnesota’s largest employee group, we feel strongly that the next president must exhibit the following core values, competencies, and characteristics:
- A record of clear commitment to higher education
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- An appreciation for the contributions of all university employees
- Enthusiasm for the University of Minnesota
- Collaborative and strategic leadership