OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO UNIVERSITY SENATE GOVERNANCE
PURPOSE: To recognize faculty, P&A, and civil service employees, who have made a significant impact on University Senate governance, have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to University Senate governance, and have served as an inspiration to others.
Nomination Deadline for 2017 Award: March 10, 2017
Nomination Form: Click here to download the form. (Word doc)
Submission of Nomination Form:
Save completed nomination form as a PDF document with the file name formatted as such: Governance.LastName.FirstName of Nominee (example: Governance.Doe.Jane).
To submit form via Netfiles:
- Click here and login using your University Internet ID and password
- Upload document by first clicking on the “Upload” icon at the upper right of screen
- Click “Browse” to select the file from your computer to be uploaded
- Select the file - click “Start Upload”
- Once the upload is complete, click “Logout” at the top right of the screen
Nominator: Must be a current member of the faculty or staff who has personal knowledge of the nominee's contribution/impact, length of service and example of how he/she has inspired others to serve in University Senate governance.
Nominee: Must be a current member of the faculty or staff and has served at least eight years (does not have to be consecutive years served) as one or more of the following: member or chair of a University Senate committee or subcommittee, University senator, P&A senator or alternate, Civil Service senator, University Senate parliamentarian, or clerk (Note: the University Senate Office will confirm nominee's eligibility and provide nominator with nominee's record of service). Click here for information about the senates and committees.
NOTE: Outstanding service will be counted for P&A employees who served on the Council of Academic Professionals and Administrators (CAPA) and/or the Academic Staff Advisory Council (ASAC) and civil service employees who served on the Civil Service Committee (CSC).
Selection Process: A selection committee, comprised of faculty, P&A, and civil service members from each of the respective consultative committees, may select up to one individual from each employee group for this recognition annually. The selection committee will have the final authority to grant the recognition.
Presentation: Recipients will be recognized at the May 4, 2017 University Senate meeting and presented with a certificate of appreciation signed by the chair of the Senate Consultative Committee and the University president.
For questions about Outstanding Service to University Senate Governance contact the University Senate Office at email@example.com or 612-625-9369.
- Randall Croce, education program specialist, Labor Education Service, Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Fred Morrison, Popham, Haik, Schnobrich/Linquist & Vennum Professor of Law, Law School, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Stacy Doepner-Hove, director, Master's Program in Human Resources and Industrial Relations, Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Daniel Feeney, professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Joseph Jameson, design manager, FM Energy Management, University Services, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Donald Cavalier, director, Career Development and Counseling Department, University of Minnesota Crookston
- Ann Hagen, student services professional, Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Naomi Scheman, professor, Department of Philosophy and Department of Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota Twin Cities