|September 19, 2019 (canceled)||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|October 17, 2019||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|November 7, 2019||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|December 5, 2019||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|January 2, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|February 6, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|March 5, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|April 9, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|May 7, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
|June 4, 2020||noon to 1:00 p.m.||Bruininks Hall 333/ Zoom|
EMPLOYMENT RULES SUBCOMMITTEE
The Employment Rules Subcommittee reviews and maintains the Civil Service Employment Rules (Rules), recommends interpretations of the Rules to the CSCC, and manages the Rules revision process.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of existing Rules.
- Set up annual meeting schedule and send it to Senate support staff for posting to the website.
- Solicit proposals for Rules changes via requests in the blog and emails to Civil Service employees; and review these proposals as possible Rules revisions.
- Revise the Rules, keep the electronic file up-to-date, keeping all electronic links in the Rules current, and providing Office of Human Resources (OHR) website manager with changes for website.
- Review requests for official interpretations of the Rules and inform OHR of the specific request. Prepare a recommendation of the Rules interpretation to be discussed with the CSCC.
- Coordinate with the Senate Office the public hearings for Rules changes (usually every 2 years): publicize the hearings in newsletters and postings not less than 14 days before the public hearings; post proposed revisions of the Rules at least seven days before the public hearings; schedule attendance with subcommittee members and assign tasks, as needed; schedule OHR staff to attend; schedule rooms on all campuses; and arrange travel as needed. Follow up with a vote at the Civil Service Consultative Committee. If the vote is affirmative, coordinate with the Senate Office to submit the Rules draft for approval at the next available Board of Regents meeting.
- Provide Board of Regents with copies of proposed amendments.
- If any request for changes to the Rules is sent after the public hearings deadline, the subcommittee chair will file the request for the next round of Employment Rule changes.
- Provide a report at all CSCC and CS Senate meetings.
- Provide a report for any communication to Civil Service employees.