The Latest in Faculty Governance
September 2, 2021
Recent FCC efforts and action:
- Advocated for distribution of specific classroom management guidance by provost’s office; we consulted on content and continue to provide input (chair/vice chair).
- Consulted with Senate Committee on Educational Policy (SCEP) on suggested syllabus language to reflect University COVID-19 policies (chair/vice chair).
- Held annual FCC retreat; topics included communication strategies, how faculty governance can lead on DEI actions, discussions with president and provost, including questions on Get the Vax 2.0 (FCC).
- Consulting with provost’s office along with chairs of Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs (SFCA), Academic Freedom and Tenure Committee (AF&T), Equity, Access, and Diversity Committee (EAD), and Disability Issues Committee, on what the consequences should be (both process and substance of consequences) for not completing or complying with attestation process under Get the Vax 2.0 (chair/vice chair).
- Advocating for adding testing expectations for students with a medical or religious exemption along with specifying testing expectations for those who are vaccinated but who experience symptoms or are exposed to the virus (FCC).
- Hearing faculty concerns and questions about Fall 2021 and bringing those concerns into the consultation process (chair/vice chair).
- Developing content for faculty senator orientation (chair/vice chair; senate staff).